Bus Blunder

This morning on the bus, I sat engrossed in my book; I had finally gotten to the suspensful part of this drawn out mystery story, and was dying to know what was going to happen.  Suddenly, I looked up to find that I had missed my exit to get off the bus for work.  I'd gone two exits down without even realizing it!  I jumped off and sprinted back several blocks to make it, just barely on time.  It was freezing out this morning, and with all the layers I had on, I felt like an obese penguin, more waddeling than sprinting. 


Source: Classic Bus Depot

Frankly, I'm suprised this is the first time this has happened to me.  I get really into books and forget that I'm not off at Oxford running around catching criminals, I'm on a public city bus surrounded by fellow readers who are equally drawn into their own books.  At least, even if I did make a complete idiot of myself, it was before an audience who could understand my plight, having probably experienced the same situation themselves before, or if not, could at least appreciate how a good book draws you in.   


Xoxo E

Comments

Popular Posts