Fun on the Farm, eee-i-eee-i-ooo

Well it has been on the books for what seems like a year - this weekend is the official Zeta Tau Alpha PC 05 Reunion on sister Julia's farm. 

Last year our trip to Julia's farm was wonderful.  We traipsed around her property, played in the barn, did cartweels in the fields, climbed fences, snuggled by a bonfire and took pictures by lake Kristoferson. 

What will this year's farm weekend hold for us?  I haven't seen some of my sisters since graduation this time last year.  A part of me has this nervous feeling - what if things are different; what if we have changed too much and it feels weird hanging out?  However, I know this little fear is unfounded.  Our pledge class has always been full of characters and our personalities have always been EXTREMELY different.  Yet, in spite of our differences, we seem to fit together just right - I don't think that is something time or distance will ever change. 

Tonight I'm carpooling up with Stephanie and Alli - my bags are packed and I am ready to hit the road.

Barn on Kristoferson Farm

Source: Country Living

Source: Banana Republic Ad

Source: Desire to Inspire

Stephanie, Me, Erin, and Danielle Last Year's Farm Trip

Source: Camping Les Ormes

Erin and Julia - Farming is Serious Business

Source: Verity Welstead

Friends, I hope that in whatever you have planned this weekend you have fun, relax, and enjoy!

Xoxo E


PS: My friend tagged me in a facebook note today asking for 5 life changing books.  Here is a list of mine, the authors, and why they were life changing.

A Little Princess – Frances Hodgson Burnett - Perseverance in trials.

The Screwtape Letters – C.S. Lewis – The importance of putting on the whole armor of God every day.
"The Love Song of J Alfred Proufrock" – TS Elliot – Not measuring life in coffee spoons but in big bulldozer heaps! Taking risks!

Anne of Green Gables (the whole series) – LM Montgomery – imagination, imagination, IMAGINATION makes everything more fun and interesting.

The Complete Works of William Shakespeare – The Bard – He captures so much, so fluidly, so perfectly.

The Scarlet Letter – Nathanial Hawthorne – The evils of “religion,” why flawed humans cannot take justice into their own hands, it left me longing for grace and gave me a greater understanding of how amazing Grace really is.

Comments

Popular Posts